OA Framework VO Substitution Extension - Summary Steps
Metalink Document 283158.1 explains that it is possible to extend OA Framework View Objects using a method called Substitution. I like Anil Passi's explanation also. I have adapted these instructions to our situation.
- Setup jDeveloper on your local machine - See Full Instructions >> CLICK HERE <<.
- Ensure you are using the correct jDeveloper Patch Level for your installation of Oracle EBS.
- Download the Source VO from the server, under $COMMON_TOP under the folders /html ($OA_HTML) and /java ($JAVA_TOP) to your jdevhome / on your windows pc.
- Create a new workspace and project and open the server.xml file for the VO.
- Create a new VO xxolmEventDetailsVO based on the seeded EventDetailsVO.
- xxolmEventDetailsVO will extend the standard view object EventDetailsVO via a method known as VO Substitution.
- Locate the data to add to the base VO query or you can create a PL/SQL function to returns the Primary Venue Details (with Display to Delegate) set for that Class or Event.
- Create substitution in jDeveloper, so that new/extended view is read instead of the seeded view object EventDetailsVO.
- Save and Compile (Make) the project.
- Upload the new files to the server.
- Open the page definition from Functional Developer for personalization of the page at the function level.
- Create a New Page Item to contain the new data field.
- Give the Item a Prompt of Venue:
- Mapped to the new view object attribute XXOLMVenue, but referring to the ORGINAL EventDetailsVO